How to Make a Japanese House by Cathelijne Nuijsink
2. ‘Tree House’, Tokyo, by Mount Fuji Architects
3. ‘Rainy Sunny’, Tokyo, by Mount Fuji Architects
4. ‘Alp’, Tokyo, by Akihisa Hirata (HAO)
5. ‘Life in Spiral’, Tokyo, by Hideaki Takayanagi
6. ‘House in Buzen’, Fukuoka, by Makoto Tanijiri
Cathelijne Nuijsink’s book ‘How to Make a Japanese House’ is part monograph, part anthropological explanation of the country’s domestic design scene. Broadly divided into generations - featuring grouped works of those born in the 1950s, 60s, etc., the book includes projects by Kengo Kuma, Jun Aoki, Atelier Bow-Wow, Sou Fujimoto, TNA, Jun Igarashi, Kazuyo Seijima and many more.